This 11th-century priory, which belongs to Sauxillanges, has been completely restored and its 17 rooms are now open to guests (prior's room, rooms, infirmary, monks' cells, kitchen, tithe barn).
It is located 1.24 miles from junction 21 on the A75 motorway south of Clermont-Ferrand.
It consists of a conventual building, a defensive tower, a cloister, a tithe hall and monks' cells. Its buildings form a parallelogram, protected by four fortified towers. A monumental portal provides access to the court of the priory. The 12th-century church is located inside the priory.
The main building, now an actual home, is inhabited by the Pontoise family, the owner of the site.
Prieuré Clunisien du XIème Siècle
- With access for the disabled
Open: Easter to Pentecost
Journées du patrimoine
From 2015-09-19 11:00 to 2015-09-20 16:00
À l'occasion des Journées du patrimoine de pays 2015, dans le cadre du thème national sur " les enjeux et risques de la sauvegarde du patrimoine bâti" seront mis en avant.
Visite guidée de l'église et du prieuré clunisien. Conférence sur le monde clunisien du
Moyen-Age à nos jours.
Le Moyen Âge toujours présent
From 2015-06-20 14:00 to 2015-06-21 12:00
Découverte du patrimoine bâti du Moyen-Age.
- Nearby city: Brioude (9 km)
- Nearby city: Issoire (14 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Clermont-Ferrand (45 km)
- Nearby station: Arvant (1,5 km)
- The Allier river is situated 0.62 miles away: canoeing, swimming, salmon river ...
- Romanesque churches nearby.
- Sources of sparkling water: Saint-Geron, Arvie...