The Châtellerie de Semur, formerly Semur du Maine, has existed since the 11th century.
The château de Semur is composed of a central body extended by a square donjon, and two wings. The central part was built under Louis XI between 1460 and 1470 by the Le Sirier family.
The west part is composed of a wing ended by a tower and a chapel, probably built in the 12th century like the small entrance towers.
The east wing , a copy of the west one, was built in the 19th century by Duke d'Aumont. His coat of arms can be seen there as on the donjon weather cock.
The château de Semur is surrounded by dry ditches with a big tower, undoubtedly as old as the central part.
The inside and outside charm of this property comes from the exquisite taste of Béatrix de Vibraye, the marchioness de Reverseaux, who had bought the castle from the Duke d'Aumont's descendants.Her wish was that Count an Countess Henri de Vibraye could live there all year round , which is the case today.
Visite des extérieurs
From 2015-09-19 10:00 to 2015-09-20 19:00
À l'occasion des Journées du patrimoine, les propriétaires du château de Semur vous feront découvrir les extérieurs du château ainsi que son parc.
Ouverture les 19 et 20 septembre de 10 h à 12 h 30 et de 15 h à 19 h.
RatesRegular rate : 8 €
Youth rate : 4 € pour les moins de 12 ans.
- Nearby city: Le Mans (38 km)
- Nearby city: Chartres (90 km)
- Distance from Paris: from 60 to 120 miles
- Nearby airport: Le Mans (38 km)
- Nearby station: Montfort-le-Gesnois (22 km)