The castle of the Forges of Lanouée is on the site of ancient ironworks built in 1756 by the Duke de Rohan.The industry ran for a hundred years ; during the 19th century, the director's house was transformed into a Louis XIII-style castle.
In 1908-1910, the factory ruins were razed and replaced by a formal garden adorned with a basin and a nymph grotto.
Only the blast furnace is left of the industrial buildings used as a water tower to water the garden. In 1934, a hydroelectric plant ,still running,was created from the hydraulic system which supplied the forge.
Visit of the park only by appointment for groups.
Journées du patrimoine 2015
From 2015-09-19 10:00 to 2015-09-19 18:00
Lors des Journées du patrimoine, vous pourrez vous promener librement dans le parc et découvrir le haut fourneau de la forge.
Ouverture les 19 et 20 septembre de 10 h à 12 h et de 14 h à 18 h.
- Nearby city: Pontivy (30 km)
- Nearby city: Vannes (52 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Lorient (80 km)
- Nearby station: Pontivy (30 km)