Founded between 1345 and 1355 by Cardinal Gaucelm de Jean, the Junies' Convent was occupied by twelve Dominican sisters from 1363.
It knew an eventful story and through the centuries, it underwent many changes. In 1793, it was sold as public property and partly demolished.
The new owners bought the abandoned convent in 1989 and since then, have kept giving time to its restoration.
The eastern wing was restored for twenty years or so. One can admire today the chapter room, which opens up to the cloister, covered with rib vaults, with limestone slabs, stone seats, trefoil-arched openings and rebuilt stained-glass windows.
On the first floor, the Mother Superior's presumed lodging has also been restored.
- With access for the disabled
Open: 1st june 2014
Closed: 30th september 2014
Journées du Patrimoine
From 2015-09-19 09:00 to 2015-09-20 19:00
Ouverture les 20 et 21 septembre de 9 h à 12 h et de 14 h à 19 h.
Pour plus d'informations sur les animations, veuillez contacter les propriétaires.
Visite intérieure et extérieure
From 2015-06-01 09:00 to 2015-09-30 19:00
Horaires : 9 h à 12 h et de 14 h à 19 h
- Nearby city: Cahors (25 km)
- Nearby city: Villeneuve-sur-Lot (55 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Bergerac (85 km)
- Nearby station: Cahors (25 km)