You are on a site where nothing much is left of the « Castrum » Régine de Goth (Pope Clément V's niece – 1305) was given as a dowry for her wedding to Bernard de Durfort on 19 May 1289.
In 1466, Jean de Grossolles, the new owner, decided to build a new castle, and hired in 1469 a Limousin builder who would build a two-room main building and a donjon (today the staircase tower). In 1535, Jean de grossolles' son, Barnard, enlarged the castle. The walls were heightened on 3 levels and a huge tower of 12 meters in diameter was added. After this construction, the church was also enlarged and consecrated in 1545.
The castle may have reached its peak in the 18th century. It was then the favourite residence of the marchioness Marie-Françoise de Flamarens, a relative of Madame de Sévigné.
In June 1943, a fire burnt most of the roofs. In the 1960s, the castle was sold in spare parts. In 1963 Mr Coustaing, a dentist in Paris, bought it and had protection work made: the repairs to half of the 15th century roof, the repairs of three windows of the big tower with their mullions (1970).
VMF label – Historical Heritage, VMF Restoration Prize,
- Animals are welcome
Concert de Noel
From 2017-12-27 17:00 to 2017-12-27 17:00
Dans la grande salle du Chateau, concert de Noel
Suivi d'un gouté.
Voir le programme
RatesRegular rate : 20 €
- Nearby city: Valence d'Agen (17 km)
- Nearby city: Agen (40 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Toulouse (96 km)
- Nearby station: Agen TGV (40 km)