Historically, the Cape Corsins emigrated . In the 19th century many settled in South America, Puerto Rico , Santo Domingo, Venezuela ... Some are made strain , others returned to their villages once made a fortune , and built sumptuous villas or " Palazzi " that is now called " American houses"
One of them is the Castle Cagninacci San Martino di Lota .
It offers the experience , unique in Corsica, to stay with the descendants of those who built the castle. On the site of a Capuchin convent , the great-grandfather of Bertrand and Florence Cagninacci has built an impressive neo- Tuscan palace . The former convent of the 17th century remain the chapel, now empty , and some monks' cells .
Bertrand , Florence, and their mother offer 4 guest rooms ( all with private bathroom , bedroom also has a splendid private terrace), in their home wonderfully romantic master.
Cagninacci Castle is located in 3 acres of private wooded chestnut , olive , giant magnolias, fragrant orange and lime trees whose fragrance is irresistibly catchy in June . You have breakfast in the shade of plane trees with bread and homemade jam, canistrelli ( traditional biscuits) while enjoying the spectacular view of the sea in fine weather, you can see the islands of Elba and Capraia , and very rarely the Italian coast. If time does not permit, you will be served in the spectacular dining room.
In the picturesque village of San Martino di Lota , there are 2 restaurants where you can walk . Opportunities abound for walking as for excursions by car. For swimming , the sea is only 8 km .
San Martino di Lota is at the door of Cap Corse, St Florent , Desert Agriate and beautiful but very misunderstood Castagniccia , "the heart of Corsica ."
Open: 14 may - 30 september
All the bedrooms, in the ancient style, have a bathroom and private toilet. Two are airconditioned.
- Double bedroom with a view on the sea (160x200 bed)
- Double bedroom with a view on the garden (160x220 bed)
- Airconditioned bedroom with 2 -90x190 beds, view on the garden
- Airconditioned double bedroom with a view on garden and private terrace (140x200 bed)
- 4 bedrooms, 119 € to 156 €, depend of the saison, child: Extra bed: 35€
Breakfast : includ
In the oldest part of the house, we alsooffer you a gîte.
Independent flat including:
- a living room: (2 single beds) TV on request.
- a bedroom with a big bed.
- a small room (8m²) with a single bed.
- a kitchen/dining room: dishwasher, microwave, deep-freeze.
- Bathroom-toilet with washing-machine
- Wi Fi access.
- 2 bedrooms
- 81 square meter
: 29 avril -26 mai et 30 septembre - 20 octobre
- Per week : 395 €
: 27 mai - 30 juin et 26 août - 29 septembre
- Per week : 495 €
: 1 juillet - 25 août
- Per week : 790 €
- Nearby city: Bastia (8 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Bastia Poretta (30 km)
- Nearby station: Bastia (8 km)
Near Bastia, Cap-Corse, Castagniccia and Balagne