The castle and its two square towers, built from the 12th century, stands on the hills of the charming village of Vedène.
By 1352, the Galleans, a family from Italy and arrived with the Popes in Avignon, bought the domain of Vedène and were ennobled barons of Vedène and dukes of Gadagne. They kept the castle until the Revolution.
Several owners followed before Pierre and Jeanine Gaillard bought it in 1969. The following generation, Robert (expert-antique dealer) and his wife Dominique, started important restoration work before opening in 2010 the place for attractive bed-and-breakfasts
- Golf à 2 Km
Open: All the year
- The suite « Palais des Papes »: a square medieval tower just for you. Direct independent access through the garden. Sitting room on the ground floor and bedroom with bathroom on the first floor. 160x200 bed. A breathtaking view from the windows. Airconditioning, safe, minibar, home cinema, free wifi, luggage-rack, etc... Welcoming tray on arrival.
Rates: 149 €
- The bedroom « Demoiselle d'Avignon »: romantic room with Louis XVI and genuine Empire furniture. 160x200 cm bed. Private bathroom and toilet. Luggage rack, valet. Access to the solarium on the terrace-roof with unique view (360°) on Comtat Venaissin. Welcoming tray on arrival.
Rates: 99 €
Special honeymoon package: contact us
- 1 bedroom
- 1 suite
- 1 bedroom, 99€ - 149 €
- 1 suite
3 Clés Clévacances
Breakfast : included
- Nearby city: Sorgues (4 km)
- Nearby city: Avignon (10 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Marseille (83 km)
- Nearby station: Sorgues (4 km)