Located in the heart of the Périgord, in the valley of the Dordogne, the castle of La Bourlie, wide estate dated from the 14th-c., offers you 3 places for seasonal rentals: the Fournil (literally the bakehouse) and the Chapelain (the chaplain) at the castle, and a little further in the estate, the Pressoir (the wine press). Its lounges and its magnificent park (Label Outstanding Garden) are also an enchanted frame to welcome weddings and receptions.
- Swimming pool
Open: All year round
Two former and charming accommodations are in the right wing of the castle arround the familial chapel, the Fournil and the Chapelain, and an other one is 15 min walk away from the castle, along the banks of a charming river.
They all are autonomous, with Internet access.
- Le Fournil (the bakehouse): for 9/10 people. Composed on the ground floor of an elegant lounge with a fireplace (TV, internet access, DVD, hi-fi system, games and books), a great kitchen well-equipped, a place to eat with a fireplace in the former bakery of the castle, and an entrance hall with cloakroom and WC.
On the first floor: a spacious double room with bathroom (separated bath and shower, WC), a double room with bathroom (shower and WC), 4 double bedrooms with canopy beds (1,8m x 2,10m), bathroom (separated bath and shower, WC).
- Le Chapelain (the chaplain): for 4/6 people. Composed on the ground floor of a 14th-c. lounge with vaulted ceiling, paved flooring, exposed stone walls, fireplace, and a kitchen, an entrance hall with cloakroom and WC.
On the first floor: a double bedroom (1,50m) and a single one (0,90m), a bathroom with little bath and shower, WC.
- Le Pressoir (the wine press): 15 min walk away from the castle, along the banks of a charming river, in a valley surrounded with gardens, prairies and woods ; up to 10 people. It was entirely renovated in 2007. 14th-c. walls, inside with more contemporary decoration.
In the main house, on the ground floor: an elegant lounge with a fireplace, a dining room for 10 people, a kitchen, WC, the main bedroom with a dressing and a bathroom (separated bath and shower, WC).
On the first floor: two double bedrooms with bathrooms and WC.
Attached building: on the ground floor, a double bedroom with its bathroom; on the first floor, a double bedroom with its bathroom and a children bedroom.
- Le Fournil 6 chambres - Le Chapelain 2 chambres - Le Pressoir 5 bedrooms
Areas at your disposal: Castle/manor, Orangery, Park.
At the heart of the estate: weddings, events, conferences, parties…can be organized in the great room of the castle ; it is possible to put some tents in the magnificent garden, among the roses.
The charming familial chapel is perfect for a little wedding, a blessing or a baptism.
The reception room can welcome 150 people. Possibility to accommodate 9 people in the bedrooms of the castle.
- Pre-selected catering : No
- Possible accommodation on the premises : Yes
Many nearby hotels
- Swimming pool
Journées Rendez-vous aux jardins 2014
From 2014-05-30 09:00 to 2014-06-01 18:00
Jardin ancien avec alignements de topiaires d'ifs, roseraie, allée de tilleuls, charmilles, potager et jardin de vivaces.
Vendredi : accueil des scolaires sur rendez-vous , animation et exposition des dessins
samedi : visite libre ( 9h-12h)
samedi et dimanche : visite guidée ( 14h-18h)
RatesRegular rate : 5 €
Youth rate : gratuit jusqu'à 15 ans
- Nearby city: Sarlat (30 km)
- Nearby city: Bergerac (35 km)
- Distance from Paris: more than 180 miles
- Nearby airport: Bergerac
- Nearby station: Bergerac